Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Its Origional

My first blog!  Hmmmm, where do I start?  Do I give a deep thought, share something spiritual, post a photo, or let you know where my mind and heart are at the current moment?

Ok, I know, I know, I've got it.  I'm Thankful!!  Though I might not always show it, I am thankful.  I have far more than I deserve and I take advantage of far more than I should but when the day is over and my head is on the pillow and I think about what the day held for me, I am thankful.  Maybe that is what this blog is all about for me?  Maybe I post what I am thankful for on a daily basis.  IDK!


Last night I got out my camera.  It was a full moon.  I had gone jogging with my BFF, Lara.  We usually ponder all that life throws at us but often times we look at the sky.  We enjoyed the full moon even though it meant that our jog was a little bit cooler (or was it the lack of cloud cover that made it cooler--Lara told me and now I am not sure which it was).  Anyway, she had gone in and I grabbed my camera.  Currently I know nothing about aperature, white balance, shutter speed, and what all the dials and whistles on my camera mean.  I put the camera on a tripod, read a few quick instructions that I did not fully understand in the owner's manual and set out to take a photo of the moon over my house.  Here is what I got:

Here is the moon:
Here is the moon over Lara's house:


Here's the trees overlapping the moon--kind of like it should be on a Halloween greeting card.  Or maybe it looks like the optic disc?
So, how does this relate to me being thankful?  I am thankful for all that God made and I appreciate the complexity and generosity of my God through creation such as the moon.  I am thankful for my camera--extravagant and beyond my current ability, but I plan to show my gratitude by learning to use it better.  I am thankful for my house (also extravagant) and its contents and the safety and pleasure it provides me.  I am thankful for an hour in the evening where I can be creative and exercise my mind and be on my own and express myself.  I am thankful for the three neighbors I saw that thought I was some kind of a wierdo taking photos in the night (Pete, Michelle, and Pam).  

Well, I don't know if future posts will be anything like this.  Let me know what you think.  Have a blessed day,
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Love it... That is what happen when we stop
    sometimes during out bussy day/life, and
    enjoy God's creation... As Pastor Bowser
    said one time ( those are God'smoment)..
    Thanks for sharing.....
    Javier---

    ReplyDelete