Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Busy

Wow, there is much going on in the world and in my life as well.  Recently with Easter, the royal wedding, the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden, and the tornados in the US, there is a lot to think about and talk about.  I am finding in my own life, there are many activities and so much so that at times, I do not give any one of them all of my attention.  I am working on giving God more attention daily.  My pastor gave me a book called "The Seeking Heart", by Fenelon.  In it I am coming to a greater understanding of giving God my all.  Is it something I can master in a day--NO!  Here is one of the portions of a writing in that book that challenges me:

Cheerfully give up everything you now rely on to God's good pleasure.  Give up spiritual things, too, whenever He wants to take them from you.  What do you fear, you of little faith?  Are you aftaid that He may not be able to give you His strength when He takes away yours?  Why does He take it away?  Only so that He might be your supply.  The lesson may be painful, but He wishes to purify you.  I see that every natural means of help is shut off.  God intends to accomplish His work in you by cutting off every human resource.  He is a jealous God.  He wants you to see that what He is going to do within you can only be done by Himself alone.  Surrender to His plans.  Allow yourself to be led where He wants to take you.  --Fenelon


Well, the understanding of it is much easier than the application.  God, may I cheerfully give myself to you so that you might be my supply!!

No comments:

Post a Comment